Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Please don't forget those who fight for our freedom this Thanksgiving

This one is in honor of Thanksgiving...

I have been so blessed, I don't even know where to begin. But I will say I can sum it up into a few basic things: God, Country and Family.

I am not an overly religious person, but I am a believer. I talk to Him on a daily basis and we are very close. I don't believe church is a requirement to have a close relationship with God. And through these tough times, I know He will help me find my way. I am thankful to Him every day for all of my blessings. 

My country. I love my country. I thank my lucky stars that I was born in the greatest country this would will ever see. I am thankful every day for my freedom. I cannot imagine not being free to express my opinions, or protect myself and my family. I cannot imagine raising my son in a country where he isn't free to be anything he wants to be. I will fight tooth and nail to keep our freedoms in tact. My son, my nieces and nephews, they deserve nothing less. Which brings me to the next one...

My family is the greatest family I could ever ask for. I'm not talking about blood relation, my family is ALL the people I hold close in my heart like family. Genetics do not make a family, love and respect do. And I am  so blessed to have such a huge and diverse support system. I do not know where I would be without them. I am thankful that Cohyn, the light and love of my life has so many wonderful role models. 

On a final note, which brings these things together, I want to thank our veterans and their families. Without each and every one of our amazing heroes who are willing to give or have given their lives, my life, my son's life, would not be possible. I do not think it is possible to ever express my gratitude towards these amazing people. Below are a few of these people:

Dad
Mr. Patterson
Travis
Rich 
Joe 
Brandon
Jimmy
Shad
Donnie
Uncle Daniel
Uncle Kenneth
Uncle Skip
Dallas
Patrick
Kevin
Derek
Aaron 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment