Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Conflicting beliefs & Equality

I think everybody is entitled to their own beliefs, i.e. views on abortion or the death penalty... HOWEVER, please explain to me the logic that abortion is okay, while the death penalty is wrong?

I am a FIRM believer in the death penalty. The truth is, there are people in this world that are just evil. As a whole, we don't like to believe that but its there. Evil is all around us. That is a fact, and opinions cannot change it. Evil exists. How, or why can be debated but it still exists.

My problem, is when people have these beliefs that are contradictory. If you don't believe in abortion, fine. If you don't believe in the death penalty, fine. If you believe in both, fine. But how can you believe abortion is perfectly okay "because its your body" and in the next breath protest the death penalty for people that tortured or murdered another person WITHOUT a doubt?!!

Somebody PLEASE explain that "logic" to me!

These same people are the ones that won't let us chop down a few trees, but abortion is okay. These people claim to be open minded but only when it is convenient for them. You can burn a bible or an AMERICAN flag and claim your first amendment right to free speech, but if you burn a quran, you're a racist.

And if you don't like what America stands for, fine. But I take issue with defending people who actively try to hurt me, or my country because we believe in freedom.

Equality. I think people have lost sight of what equality is. I believe all people were created equal. That does not mean all people were created the same. I am not a football player, nor could I ever be. That does not make me better than, or lesser than a football player. That same football player has his own weaknesses. We are different, but still equal. We need both. We need to support others' strengths to make up for our own weaknesses.

We aren't meant to all be the same. A lot of those differences in "equality" come from differences in effort. You do not have a right to resent the rich guy who worked his ass off when you are too lazy to work or too "good" to sweep floors. And his success gives him the ability to hire people that are still climbing the ladder to their own success. Don't resent him for that, thank him for it. If my bosses did not work their asses off for years and get their advanced degrees and work 60+ hours a week for years on end, I would not have a job that supports my family and puts food on the table. I do not resent the fact they make tons of money, I thank them for giving a stepping stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment