Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Children

It has been a LONG time since I have really written ... been busy and well, there's only so many ways to say enough is enough.

Things have continued to deteriorate (not a shock) and I am still wondering how bad things will have to get. What can we do? Well....

One of the MOST IMPORTANT things we need to do to get OUR country back is take back our schools!
Our children are being treated like hardened criminals for mis-shaped pop-tarts, innocent cap guns, bubble guns, supporting the United States MARINES and the NRA. The latest is a deaf child whose signed name looks too much like a gun!?!? SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!?

My son will start kindergarten this fall in a public school. He has previously been attending a private Christian pre-school and I love it. I am terrified of public school. He will be attending the same elementary school I went to and I really loved it but that was how many years ago? I have faith in my community that they haven't lost all common sense and I hope he makes it through without having to waste too much of my time fighting with the administration.

Guns are currently his obsession. I am jealous of his arsenal. I don't understand why it is so hard to understand that boys have this fascination with guns. He doesn't mean any harm, he knows that his toys are toys and real guns are an ENTIRELY different thing. He only wants to shoot the "bad guys". I even questioned him about his choice of movies. I asked if he liked the "soldier" movies because they kill people, his response? "No Mom, I like them because there's shooting!" It's about the action. Period. There's nothing wrong with that! I had my toy guns right along side my toy knives until I was old enough to get the real thing. I am not violent, I speak out against violence, but NOTHING will change my mind about my right to keep myself or my family safe.

I know at some point I will be fighting with the school about the curriculum or something, and I will NOT back down.

Why don't I keep him in a private school? Well, here's the thing, I actually could keep him in his current school all the way through his senior year, and I have gone back and forth on it. The thing is, while I want my son to have my morals and think like me and his dad, I want him to learn to think for himself. I want him to have all the information and come to his own conclusions. I will respect him more for an educated argument why he disagrees than I will if he just takes what I say just because. After all, isn't that what education is all about? I can only argue the other side to attempt to give him the full picture so far. It won't be the same as him actually experiencing it. Eventually, the plan is that he will be out in the real world on his own and will have to deal with ignorance and sheep daily. I want him to have the ability to stand his ground and stand up and speak out. If he grows up in a world where there are opposing views and we can talk about it and debate it - he will be prepared for what he will face as an adult. I know that we discuss "politics" at least on a 5 year old's level all the time so he has the foundation, and the most honest questions always come from the little ones.

Still, there's a line between "tolerance" and completely breaking down family values and morals in the name of "acceptance". I don't want him to "hate Muslims" but I want him to understand that Shariah Law is a BAD thing and has no place in the land of the free. I honestly don't think he needs to "wait until he is married" but I have BIG issues with 5th graders walking around pregnant. I don't care if he comes home one day and tells me he is gay, and he better NEVER judge anybody that is, but I don't know that he needs to understand the concept of same sex relationships in elementary school. He doesn't need to learn about relationships in elementary school AT ALL.

My concern is rebellion. When he hits that age and wants to do the complete opposite of what his parents think is best just for spite - how far will it take him? How do you raise your child in a way to prevent them from being completely paranoid on one side, and prevent them from becoming sheep on the other side?

I guess in 20 years I will have the answers - or the answers of what NOT to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment