Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stand with Rand?

Last night was history in the making. While we may not all agree with Rand Paul on every policy, I think one thing is clear, he is on our side. He is an American. It is refreshing to know that there is somebody in Washington who isn't afraid to stand up to Obama. I wish he would be that loud more often, but he did what he needed to do and I am grateful for that.

The most important lesson I think we should all take with us is that ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Sure, we aren't senators, we cannot get 13 hours of airtime on national t.v. but Rand Paul Twitter feeds went through the roof last night. We have other avenues of being heard! The Facebook page I started from scratch has over 1,000 people that hear the message every day! It wasn't growing very fast, I knew I didn't have the time to dedicate to it that I would like so I added ONE active admin. Thank you JJ!

Do we get through to liberals? Probably very few, if any, but at least I can sleep at night knowing that I'm not crazy, there are other people who feel the same way I do. I think that counts for something. We network with other pages and under one umbrella, we have a big reach. And we are just regular people.

I have learned that it is easier for people to complain than it is for people to be pro-active. That is just reality. The People, as a whole, might not be so quick to act, but I can see the revolution happening. People are starting to pay attention. That is a good first step. Last night, Rand Paul cast a huge net, how many more people are awake now? The next step is action, calling, writing to our elected officials. More and more people are doing that as well. One person (here and there) is making a difference. We WILL get our country back!

Maybe we don't all want to "Stand with Rand" all the time, but when ANYBODY is fighting for OUR RIGHTS, we need to stand with them, as one nation, indivisible.

The fight isn't coming, it's here. It is just beginning, but it is here. The fact that a United States Senator (and a few friends) had to spend 13 straight hours on national television to get an answer from the Attorney General and/or the President about assassinating American Citizens on U.S. soil is beyond belief. Our Founding Fathers must be rolling over in their graves. It is our fault that it has come to this, and they aren't done trying to destroy everything that America stands for, but NOW it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY to our children, and our children's children to take it back and make things right. They are Americans and they deserve to live the American Dream, it is our duty to ensure that opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment